Sunday 12 August 2012

Podblast - Ten style run for the Olympics

Sunday Podblast
Hello again stilepodders.
 Hope you have all had a good week. Firstly this weeks pod in chief has to apologise for the lack of posts. I blame the Olympics – have been glued to the screen. So in honour of the Olympics this week I am awarding Gold medals to some of my favourite spots this week.


Medal for the 100 metre sprint to get a new credit card… Tara Starlet

I recently discovered Tara Starlet and I think I may have a new love. To quote Rihanna I found love in a hopeless place - although actually Tara Starlet gives me renewed hope for fashion.My only reluctance with this brand is I almost want to keep them my secret. Think old school pin up but cut to more modern shapes kind of madmen meets Hells Bunny. Fantastically wearable and something to make you stand out in the crowd – after all who wants to be wearing the same dress as half the room.




Narrowing down my favourites was virtual impossible but this dress is up there. For a night out when you want to impress this dress is both sexy and classy. I love the vintage feel to the entire collection – Lace is massive at the moment and this dress is just spot on. My first thought was Christmas party outfit but lets be realistic there is no way I am waiting until then. Frankly this dress is so lovely I’m going to wear it to Starbucks if I need to.... what are you all starring at? I'm not overdressed!

Silver medal for salivating
Another discovery this week was Lollipops. A friend recommended them to me and I love this brand. A great collection of wearable bags accessories and unusual quirky pieces. I am completely in love with this necklace.


How awesome is this I could wear to the office or on a night out. Besides, no one wants to get tagged in the same outfit on Facebook twice right? But with awesome accessories who'd even notice. Grab yours here before I buy them all!


If I could take back one blonde moment...
Getting some friends birthday cars mixed up – it could have been worse but a rather cute male friend lf mine receive the card to  “A party Princess” while  my girlie girl friend received a card to a beer monster… oops

 
Song of the week
I have been embracing some acoustics this week. Loving this version of somebody that I used to know. This guys voice is just beautiful and not to digress but sexy as hell right?

Cosmetics and aesthetics
This week I decided I needed serious pampering – long story involved a man therefore I indulged in Manuka Doctor Face mask. Seriously this stuff is just liquid heaven. Left my skin singing. I have occasional dryness and sensitivity but this actually left my skin glowing. To the extend that a work mate asked me if I was pregnant or getting laid. Is murdering workmates really a crime?

Quote of the week
“If life gives you lemons exchange them for store credit and buy more shoes." 
One of my own little pearls of stupidity. Now I just need to find a store that accepts lemons in lieu of cash!

I know this great little place
Worship Street Whistling shop might be my new favourite bar for a weeknight. Prohibition style speakeasy does the yummiest cocktails all with old style music candles and a wonderfully intimate feel. My cocktail came with a serving of liquorice and sugar. I love this place!
http://whistlingshop.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment