Sunday 5 August 2012

Topshop the Ritz and a missing shoe


Sunday Podblast

Bear with a sore head alert! Alarm bells - this podcast is brought to you but one sleep deprived woman. Beware may be stroppy and unreasonable with no warning cause or provocation. Send in emergency coffee immediately. 

So this weeks round ups of recommendations, and pick me ups and lust haves


This weeks lust have…

Walking past Topshop is always a mistake for me. Oxford circus is a dark place with floors of temptation. I never leave without falling in love with at least ten things but top on my list is this dress.



Okay I know I don’t need another dress but… this one could so easily transition from day to night – I could wear this to work or on a date… or maybe both if you have cute workmate… hey Stilepod does not judge!

Grab yours here

Because legs are important...

I have a bit of an addiction to hosiery… yes I said it. Hosiery can really change an outfit – a bit of extra flair and so easy. I adore Wolford – expensive but some of the best designs out there and this new in version has made it top of my wish list.




Tights do make your legs look better who could possibly not like that. Besides want to make a little black dress a touch sexier – trust me these babies will do the trick - Oh la la.

So got a spare £90? If so pick up a pair here... and send some to me as well!

If I could take back one blonde moment...
It would be Friday night. Went out with friends a great night was had. Maybe marginally tipsy. I arrive home minus one nude stiletto? No I have absolutely no idea where I lost it or how I managed to get to my flat without realising it was missing. This angers me... my own stupidity... okay that I can handle, clumsiness its workable but losing of shoes. Damn :(

Song of the week
I’ve been feeling the need for a little serenity this week and Mazzy Star, Into Dust always relaxes me. I love the simplicity perfect for a Sunday afternoon

Cosmetics and aesthetics
When I wake up with hair plastered to my face generally resembling early cave girl I need something to wake me up and it better be god. Luckily for me I have become addicted to this yummy smelling version. Perfect for a morning pick me up and just leaves you feeling better. Instant refreshment




Quote of the week


Because we all have days of doubt. On those days the way forward to listening to the wisdom of Mark Twain.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. “






I know this great little place
London this week has been crazy with tourists in the spirit of the Olympics. So many Olympic themed parties that I decided to take  a little time out and go for Afternoon tea – how civilised. With Champagne. I’ve been to a few but the experience at the Ritz is actually unlike any of them just incredible.



I advise not eating for a few days though as there are so many sandwiches I literally felt so full I could barely move afterwards. The décor and overall ambience is amazing and the cakes were to die for. Plus more scones than you could eat in a lifetime. You do need to book around six weeks ahead but I thoroughly recommend the experience at the Ritz – lots of places do afternoon teas for less but if you want a truly decadent experience it’s worth saving the pennies.

Book yours here

So that's all from the pod today - hope you all had a good weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment