Tuesday 7 August 2012

Promises Promises…showing me pants



Putting the play back into pants

There are several certainties in life. It will rain when my hair is looking good, I will always be late no matter how much time I allow myself and everyone wears underwear. Every self-respecting fashionista knows good underwear is a must have. It gives you a better shape and makes the outfit look better plus… yes I am going to go ahead and say it – you feel sexier.

You remember when you were younger and the importance of clean underwear was demonstrated by your mother lecturing you “Imagine if you were knocked over by a bus and weren’t wearing clean pants young lady?” No –was that perhaps my weird family? Well as a rule I have always taken it a step further.

One of my style rules is – don’t leave the house without matching underwear. It makes you feel better, you are more confident, when you’re feeling sexy and let’s face it always pays to be prepared in case Colin Farrell suddenly declares love.  Oh and if you can coordinate to the outfit that’s a definite extra bonus.

So I was pretty excited about visiting playful promises. In their marketing they describe themselves as mixing quirky, directional design with all things playful, flirty, and even a little bit dirty. Intrigued? Definitely.

On arrival it seemed inconspicuous enough – a business type warehouse that I got lost trying to find on one of the hottest days in London. I arrived hot bothered and feeling the opposite of sexy. However, one look at the collection convinced me it was worth sweating over. I was also given a can of Pussy energy drink to cool me off – seriously you couldn’t make this up.

Its really hard to narrow down the favourites from the collection but this underwear set would definitely set pulses racing...



The underwear collection definitely lived up to expectations. Mixing beautiful designs with unashamed sexuality there were some truly beautiful sets here. A few of my own favourites include a beautiful red set – unfortunately my camera pictures don’t do this justice but think uber flirty meets uber sexy. What’s lovely about this brand is by the vintage feel it gives even the most playful items a more elegant feel. Glam fet has never looked so good.

I couldn't visit this brand without mentioning a few of their corsets – this new collaboration is their way of dipping their toe into a little latex and when it looks this good I say why not. Need a sizzling summer look no further


Definitely one to get you noticed - click here to explore


I also have to mention this waspie just because I love the old Hollywood feel of this. |if you are a girl who wants to be a bit more adventurous but are feeling shy about it this is a great way of trying it out. The vintage classic feel of the designs adds a bit of safety to dress up. So start playing ladies! Click here to get your hands on one...



The people
It was surprisingly quiet. I am hoping the heat meant members of the press were earlier than me because this is a brand that really does deserve recognition. However the quietness meant I could gaze at all the underwear unashamedly. And yes I couldn’t resist asking them to show me their pants. Oh dear

Food and Drinks
The Infamous Pussy tasted surprisingly good. I can’t believe I just typed that….

Blonde moment
Pretty low key blondeness but almost walking into a random office wasn’t one of my shining moments. My bad sense of direction is only helped by my terrible instincts!

Added extras
When leaving I was asked to choose a set to keep! They are sending away so I can get tin my size but seriously please by that! Pictures one it arrives J


How to find

Visit
Unit 14, Boxpark
2-4 Bethnal Green Road
London
E1 6GY

No comments:

Post a Comment