Thursday 26 July 2012

I'm on Fire...Trap


A burning desire for Fire


Last week I went along to visit the wonderful Firetrap and see their A/W collection. It was a pretty bleak night an in all honesty I wasn't relishing the idea of leaving my warm flat and venturing outdoors. 


My initial impressions of Firetrap were essentially jeans and menswear. Now I love menswear and little excited me more than a well dressed man but when arriving at an event cold and wet (more on that later) all I want is pretty things to cheer me up. Firetrap had them and more. 


I was more than tempted to try and smuggle half the collection under my jumper and pass it off as an unborn child however in order not be sent straight to hell and attempt to preserve some dignity (Giving birth to jumpers is so not a good look) I decided instead to just pick out my top favourites


Adjustable dress - retail price tbc






Up amongst them has to be this dress. It is actually adjustable from long to short. I must confess to spending far too long playing with it such was my fascination. Literally one dress could be a day to night outfit with zero effort. The gorgeous colours and fabric - extra bonus!
In case I need it here are four instant justifications for buying this dress:
1 Instant new look - style 1 effort 0
2 Instant clumsiness cure - prone to falling over? No problem just lengthen the skirt to hide those bleeding knees and Mr Bump plasters (so last season dahling!) instantly done
3 At a party seen a cutie.... show some extra leg...
4 A girl can never have enough pretty dresses - need I say more?  


Snakeskin jacket - price tbc





I have been looking for something a little different from a leather biker jacket and this lovely snakeskin number ticks all the boxes. Cute and versatile there are few outfits that wouldn't be improved with this. let's face it English weather can be unpredictable so surely we deserve extra nice jackets? 


Studded skirt and blazer



I'd be unlikely to wear these together though they would work but I adored these pieces. A studded skirt would be great to bring out and wear a Friday after work for drinks with the girls or dancing in the city. The jacket could be paired with jeans and a casual shirt or with leather if you fancy going a bit rock chick. Love them

The people
Surprisingly for such a great selection of clothes and such a warm welcome the party was quiet. This actually worked in the nights favour as the atmosphere was so relaxed it was easy to wander and look at all the clothes in proper detail and catch up with fellow fashionistas. 

Food and Drinks
On arrival I was given a big glass of wine which was lovely. White wine was continually offered (My liver kicked me the next day) and a selection of canapés were frequently brought around. The aubergine frittata was yummy and the rather mischievous waiter seemed to gain great amusement but coming around with the yummiest chocolate brownies known to all the skinniest girls. Ha ha I like your style sir.

Added Extras
When leaving we were all given bags with clothes. I am now the proud owner of two gorgeous Firetrap jeans. I sometimes find jeans come up a little small and always buy a size big but Firetrap size is pretty spot on

Blonde moment
Turning up hours late because I'd managed to loose my Oyster card is pretty high up there. Did I mention it was pouring with rain and I made my entrance working the drown rat look. Oh yeah that’s they way i wanted to arrive. To make matters worse Firetrap very kindly offered cars to all of us who had the brains to read the email and ask for them...Oh...Good.....


How to find
http://www.firetrap.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment