Wednesday 18 July 2012

Swatch out for the sun



Swatch - a brand worth being on time for. 

I was lucky enough to attend the Swatch Chrono Plastic Launch at the Future Gallery Covent Garden. As someone who is chronically late I tend to have a bit of an aversion to watches. However, it’s pretty impossible not to be charmed by the eclectic mix of Swatch designs





Swatch certainly doesn’t shy away from colour with a variety of luminous vibrant shades. To add to the summery feel of the occasion Swatch cleverly presented the collections in little surfing style huts. I love having fun with fashion and Swatch hits the nail on the head when it comes to fun. One of these watches is the perfect touch to add a bit of summer to an outfit.

 If I had to pick a favourite I think it would be the neon pink pictured above. Pink is the colour this season and an easy way to subtly embrace a trend. However, pretty much any of these watches would brighten up a look and frankly with the rain outside I need some cheering up!

There were various images of the watches being worn while skiing, surfing etc. to demonstrate the versatility of the brand. You can literally wear them in any occasion be it surfing, skiing, mountain climbing. For balance I would have liked a picture of someone sitting around doing nothing but hey you can’t have everything!


The people

The wonderful Russell Kane was in attendance sadly I was far too star struck to do anything but stare and blush – how smooth! Helping to up the style stakes Richard from Made in Chelsea made a blink and you’ll miss him appearance. I also had serious hair envy from his co-star Cheska who stayed for the entire evening. We were also entertained by a hula hoop dancer.  

Food and Drinks
There was a selection of the yummy Mahiki cocktails served in Coconuts in keeping with the theme. They were utterly delicious and far too easy to drink. For the non-coconuts fans there was also champagne and orange juice.  In terms of food sushi was served up and a number of meat treats.. We were then offered watermelon slices. 

Extra Entertainment
The hula hoop dancer was a great touch and we were treated to music all night and a photo booth 

Blonde moment
Almost forgetting to pick up my bag at the end of the night was a contender. Also offering to bring some friends drinks and ordering four cocktails made me a look like a bit of an alcoholic - only one was for me!

Overall the Swatch party probably won’t cure my chronic lateness but investing in a Swatch Chrono Plastic will at least make me look more fashionably late

How to find
Browse the collection at your leisure here



No comments:

Post a Comment