Sunday 15 July 2012

Sunday Podblast

It's hangover fashion decree!


Welcome to the first Sunday podblast where Stilepod casts our eye over the week gone by. 


Clothes we love - things we learnt and occasional moments of inspiration. All in easily digestible chunks. Enjoy!


If I could buy one item of clothing this week...
It would have to be this gorgeous dress from House of Holland. 



1 - It's on sale so technically I haven't spend money I saved. It makes financial sense to me although, sadly when paying the rent shoes are not seen as a viable investment plan. Shocking I tell you.
2 - I love it! Is this not reason enough - the contrast of colours, it could be dressed up or down and ultra flattering shape - the weather might be grey but my wardrobe will not be!
3 - Detachable collar. I love the Peter Pan collars with added freedom to customise the outfit create a more casual style or go ultra preppy. And avoid the horror of being tagged in facebook wearing the same thing twice. Plus the detachable collar is a perfect way of adding a little fun to a entirely different outfit - can I say win win? 


Find it here 


If I could take back one blonde moment...
It would be Friday night at Adventure bar Covent Garden.


Meeting some friends for a birthday drink. All this seems innocent enough but unfortunately when chatting to a single man in the group (who I am not remotely interested in) I made an unfortunate comment which then lead to much backtracking along the lines of
Me "Oh God that sounded like a pick up line - it wasn't!"
Him (Nervous laughter)
Me "I mean you are great just I wasn't interested. not that other women wouldn't be. Aaaah I'm not"
Him (Backed away from the crazy women who by this point has turned redder than a tomato) Oops.


Song of the week
Lykke Li - I follow Rivers. One of my favourite songs of all time


Cosmetics and aesthetics
After a heavy week partying occasionally I look in the mirror and see the wicked witch of the west looking back. Not a great look and green is so not my colour. If I am lacking sleeping and drinking too much Origins Make a Difference Face cream is my lifesaver!


Quote of the week
“I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot!” 
Marilyn Monroe- I salute you!


Hungry Pod time
This week if you are in London and hungry I recommend a visit to the lovely Cocomaya London. Coffee was lovely and the cakes are yummy too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment