Monday 30 July 2012

Prepped for rain with Ricard

Champagne moustaches and a swing band - what more could a girl want. 

A few weeks back I was invited to attend the Ricard party over in Chelsea. The dress code was preppy and the outfits definitely didn’t disappoint. I was lucky enough to attend with three lovely friends of mine, the beautiful Prince Cassius who flies the flay for preppy style on the best of days, the wonderful London Bird (my favourite jewellery designer ever and my dear friend Lauren, aka When In Fashion which I recommend everyone reads.

The Ricard Petanque annual garden party is completely free entry and open to the public. The grounds are beautiful and on arrival the lovely PR team greet all attendees with a hat to wear - think twenties style - very cool. We were also shown around the Croquet, Giant Jenga, Bowles and various garden games. Fantastically retro and good fun for those adventurous enough to brave the rain. Or in my case those with the sense to not be wearing high heels – er oops! Being a little wet at that point we wandered under the tents to grab a few drinks.

The people
The VIP area was a star studded place to be and throrougout the day many celebs braved the rain to enjoy a drink with the lovely Ricard team. Confirmed guests were.
  • Kiristini Blahnik
  • PPQ - Percy & Amy Molyneaux
  • Tallulah Adeyemi
  • Preeya Kalidas
  • Georgie Okell
  • David Leon 

I always feel nervous approaching anyone famous but have to say Preeya Kalidas was utterly charming and absolutely stunning in person. Definitely not a girl you should sit next to without self esteem taking a serious plummet


Food and Drinks
We were utterly spoil at the event with tokens giving us a few free cocktails. Honestly the cocktails were a little minty for my taste but it was lovely to sample. In the VIP area champagne was served up in abundance I decided therefore giant jenga might not be one of my better plans. The food included lemon tarts and yummy smelling pancakes. However, I am currently on a mission to be a small size eight so I skipped. Stupid plan!

Added Extras
The band were amazing setting a chilled fun tone for the day. We were also greeted by some lovely promo ladies giving us moustaches to wear. As you can see we all got into the spirit of the occasion although I am not convinced this is one of my better looks...



 
Blonde moment
On the occasion one of my lovely friends almost pips me to it by turning up three hours late due to her hangover from the night before. However. getting drenched on the way, getting off at the wrong bus stop and queuing for ten minutes for  a toilet only to realise there were lots more upstairs wasn’t my brain at its best. It’s almost like alcohol is killing brain cells…..

How to find
Feeling thirsty? Check these guys out – pure class and just lovely people
http://www.pernod-ricard.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment